Friday, December 16, 2005

My name is Furl.

Here is a cool tool alert - Furl. And by the way, Furl holds no relation to the TV show - "My name is Earl." (From Furl's website...) "Furl is a free service that saves a personal copy of any page you find on the Web, and lets you find it again instantly by searching your archive of pages. It's your Personal Web.

Furl offers the best ways to share the content you find on the Web, and recommends new Web pages that may interest you. You can also search Furl to find the best sites that other people are saving."

So how does it work? You add a bookmarlet link to your browser and when you come across a website you want to store in your "virtual file cabinet" (so to speak), simply click the bookmarklet and up pops a small window. (See below) From that window you can tag the website with keywords, rate the information, classify the info, cut and paste a portion of the page (even save a duplicate copy of the page) and email the results to a peer. Once the data is collected, it is instantly searchable.

I have been using Furl for awhile, long before it was acquired by Looksmart and it has always worked flawlessly.

Digability rating: Highly recommended.

Best Blog Awards - Vote for Digability! Click to vote for Digability!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim,

Yes I can dig it.

I am finding your digability blog to be a refreshing combination of knowledge that is instantly applicable for practitioners down in the trenches like myself.

Your blog is definitely on my radar for 2006, when I will have more time available for my professional and technical sourcing development. Really looking forward to watching your blog develop and intend to evaluate each offering for purchase. The Shakespeare Recruiting has come in handy and led to some breakthroughs for me which I am grateful for.

Happy Holidays and thank you for your work in this area. You are really on to something that in the words of Paris Hilton "That's Hot."

Best regards,

Russ

12/17/2005 07:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home