Tuesday, November 08, 2005

This is why I work for Microsoft!

When I saw the above ad I laughed hysterically out loud and even now, its all I can do not to chuckle when viewing the above advertisement. I very much enjoy my side projects (Can you dig it?), but when I see an ad like this, I know I made the right choice in accepting an offer with Microsoft.

Tell me, how many risks has your company taken to recruit/source candidates via non-traditional means? If your company was looking for a sourcer, what most likely would they do? Place an ad somewhere and hope for the best? Of course they would! Why? It is safe. It is how you have always done it. And (groan...) no one has the daring to stick their neck out and do something quirky in HR to get tongues wagging and candidates applying.

As evident by the above (and things like it) Microsoft is doing something different and doing it right. Glad to be on board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home